background

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Ginger Pork Meatballs and spicy noodles



The original recipe, which I have modified, is here.

These were awesome! I was a huge fan of the noodles, Kurt was a huge fan of the meatballs- put them together and they were a match made in heaven! The kids ate it, and even little Fina adored her dinner! What more can a parent ask for?!

These took about 30 minutes from prep to plate- gotta love that!

Ingredients:

For the meatballs:

  • 2 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce (again, I will eventually get done with this bottle and switch to coconut aminos!)
  • 1 tsp *toasted* sesame oil
  • 2 tsp fish sauce
  • 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
  • 1 bunch of green onions, minced
  • 1 lb ground pork
For the noodles:
  • 2 packages of Miracle Noodles (I used the Angel Hair kind- and they were very similar to rice noodles in their taste and texture!)
  • 2 Tbsp tahini
  • 1 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp sesame oil (I did not use the toasted kind again, I wanted a more subtle flavor)
  • 1 tsp Sriracha (I added more to my own noddles on my plate- but I like extra kick!)
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425 and line a roasting pan with parchment paper.
Mix all of the ingredients for meatballs, and roll into 1" ball form.
Place on the parchment lined pan, and bake until cooked (~20 minutes).

While meatballs are baking, cook Miracle Noodles according to package directions (drain, rinse, boil 2 mins, dry) and toss with the rest of the noodle ingredients. (The longest part of this step was the boiling water, so we waited to do this until the meatballs were almost finished.)

If *I* had my way, I would have added more Sriracha to the noodles and I would have tossed some in with the meatballs too- but right now I am addicted to Sriracha... so, I may be biased. My husband adored this as-is, and the kids ate it the way it was made here. It was totally delicious!!! (I just added more Sriracha to my own serving, tableside)


No comments:

Post a Comment