background

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Boneless Buffalo Wings

These were awesome and came about by accident.

I had bought an extra package of some Just Bare chicken (it is the closest thing to free range organic that this part of Iowa has to offer, and I am happy to support it over Tyson any day- one step closer to more healthy and humane treatment!) and had no plans for dinner. I am usually such a good menu planner!!! Well, I googled a few of the ingredients I had on hand, and decided to try a "hot wings" recipe (only needed to modify it a bit). The result was great! 

Here is my boneless version:

  • 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken, cut into chunks. 
  • 1/2 cup Sriacha sauce (USE LESS if you do not want your "wings" spicy!) (Side note: Iowa stores keep this sauce in the Mexican food isle.... no idea why... but if you cannot find this sauce in the oriental foods, look there...although, if I had known this sauce was this amazing, I would have bought it online a LONG time ago!!! This will now forever grace my shelves!)
  • 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce (I will be switching to coconut aminos when we finish this last bottle)
  • 3 Tbsp honey
  • 2 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
  • Celery, cut into sticks whatever length you like (our family used two stalks of celery hearts- it helped balance the heat of the "wings!")
Set celery aside.
Set oven to 375 degrees.
Put chicken and all other ingredients (except the celery, because you put it aside...) in a large bowl or freezer bag, and mix to coat and combine.
Marinate the chicken for at least one hour in the fridge.
Remove chicken and place on parchment paper, covering a roasting pan. Spread chicken around evenly.
Bake for 20 minutes, then turn pieces over.
Bake 10-20 minutes longer. 

Serve with sliced celery, and enjoy!

(If you aren't paleo, I would totally recommend serving them with these babies! Kurt has requested we do this for the next Superbowl!)



No comments:

Post a Comment