Amazing. Delicious. Perfect. I have been trying to make something special a few mornings a week, and this was AMAZING! We used the raisins, and loved them!!! This recipe is from The Healthy Cooking Coach.
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
1½ cup – almond flour (I used almond meal)
1/3 cup arrowroot
1 teaspoon – non aluminum baking powder
1 teaspoon – baking soda
1½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice
1/8 teaspoon – salt
1/2 cup raisins, optional
3 large – whole eggs
3/4 cup – canned pumpkin
1/4 to 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
1. Liberally grease 8 muffin tins with ghee, palm shortening, or virgin coconut oil. If you have empty muffin tins you will need to fill them half way up the sides with water to prevent warping during baking. Be careful when removing the pan from the oven to avoid getting burned by the hot water!
2. Combine the almond flour, arrowroot, baking powder, baking soda, spice, sea salt, and optional raisins in a medium bowl. Whisk the eggs in another bowl or the workbowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade or in a blender. Add the pumpkin or squash and maple syrup or honey. Mix to combine. Add the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Pour mix into the 8 tins.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes on the middle rack in the oven until muffins pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then run a knife around the sides and invert over a cooling rack. When cool, cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days or refrigerate for longer storage.